Sneaky's Content

There have been 35 items by Sneaky (Search limited from 31-July 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#261427 What's New?

Posted by Sneaky on 31 August 2016 - 04:24 PM in Game Discussion

Probably has something to do with the fact that the game was originally designed with multi-alts in mind, and the 1a server was hastily created with little to no back-end coding to balance gameplay for single players. Just a hunch.

But why are you mad, though? 

#261379 Little Far Fetched

Posted by Sneaky on 13 June 2016 - 08:15 PM in Wanted

farfetchd.png

#261312 Change Cobalt Staff Of The Winds Back

Posted by Sneaky on 17 May 2016 - 08:41 PM in Suggestions

Just echoing what DJ is saying -- that's great that you're creating a game that will solicit player feedback to develop content. That was not the intention of the creators of Nightmist (lest you people forget the days of Pandilex doing whatever the moose he wanted with no regard to the greater implications to the game), and bashing the game for failing to solicit feedback from its players is like complaining that you don't like Oranges because they aren't Apples. 

Do I care about the future of the game? Yes, in that I hope the game continues to exist so that I can keep playing it. 

Do I care if new people start playing the game? Not really. The creator of the game doesn't care, so I don't see why I should take it upon myself to champion the cause. 

Do I care about my "power" and "status" on the game? Nah, I just like killin' bosses, and the status point is especially funny because I don't flaunt my party or items (and if you asked me to rank the people that play the game, i'd put myself on the low end of the list cause i'm pretty fkin lazy)

you get what you pay for, and nightmist is free; which is a different way of saying a point I made on an earlier post (nightmist owes you nothing). 

Good luck with your game, hopefully your player base doesn't compare you to a totalitarian dictator when you fail to make exactly the change that they want. 

#261307 Change Cobalt Staff Of The Winds Back

Posted by Sneaky on 17 May 2016 - 01:12 AM in Suggestions

lol bro i don't know any of what you said in that "PS" is, and I can't speak for anyone else, but I click the button or hit a macro for every damn stam. Watch me play the game one time before you make assumptions. 

you've brought up a reset many, many, many, many, many times. 

3 names out of the entire multi playerbase? the entire multi playerbase is pretty much the 7 names I listed. Also Jake/Rob and Jose are inactive, so its really 5, so yes, I'm describing the majority of the playerbase. I guess DJ too but I don't think he really talks to anyone (or maybe just not me lol). Was the point of that whole thing to get me to say that only like 5 people play the game?

getting back to the entire point of my previous post -- the people who actually play main aren't complaining that it's broken, and a reset would do nothing but make the barriers to entry for new players (leveling items) worse. 

#261305 Change Cobalt Staff Of The Winds Back

Posted by Sneaky on 16 May 2016 - 06:42 PM in Suggestions

I don't see why a reset would help, though. I mean, no one on the server really PKs, and anytime someone decides they want to start, they get ganged up into submission. 

If 5 people come over from 1a, you'll have 5 people competing for all the BoT's and EDs to level zerk/thieves. 

If you reset main and 5 people come over from 1a, you'll have those 5 people, plus Gareth, Me, Gaddy, Ste, Trey, Rob/Jake, and Jose to compete with over those BoT's and EDs. Malok's hardly in currently, do you really want to see how little he's alive when Gaddy actually needs EDs? lol. 

Like you (Terron) said, without wholesale changes in the background, a reset wouldn't come close to solving the issues, and would probably make existing ones like a leveling item bottleneck even worse. 

(to Terrron) Just an aside, but log on Main sometime and look at the parties that actually get used -- Gaddy and I each have 5 slow hitters in our party, Gareth uses slow hitters, Chris did as well before retiring, and I'm pretty sure Jose's main party uses a fighter and mage. It's not just mindless clicking. Have you explored the Dvergar Stronghold, Cauldron of Shadows, Stone Dragon, and any of the bosses that use the keys from the Inquisitor's Tower? It's all fantastic content and nothing resembling a thumb twiddling contest of spawns. I just think it's interesting that no one who actually plays Main thinks that server is broken, only the people who abandoned it for 1a a long time ago. 

Second aside (...further aside?)-- JLH plz dont end the game before i 40 my mage lol

#261298 Change Cobalt Staff Of The Winds Back

Posted by Sneaky on 14 May 2016 - 12:42 AM in Suggestions

I don't really see why the main server would need a reset; if it's as inactive as you think it is, it's basically a fresh server, no? so why reset? 

#261272 Change Cobalt Staff Of The Winds Back

Posted by Sneaky on 10 May 2016 - 01:47 PM in Suggestions

That's why stig implements some or most ideas I tossed his way.. i don't care who you are I will defend stig as he has brought new life into Nightmist since the Jase incident you weren't around for and thus he will be our last staffer ever JLH plans on letting Nightmist die..

I understand you have a little Stockholm Syndrome but it makes sense you been under dictator rule for quite a while it happens.

Try actually looking at wahts going on. It might be hard but really try. Clear your mind and step back and really look whats going on.

Facts: Game is dieing and instead of listening to the players on things that might help or make simple changes he instead only wants his ideas going forward.

Questions: The games dead or very close would it really hurt to make some radical changes that have a chance to help? would it hurt to listen to the players that actually play the game and give some ideas a try? whats the worst that could happen?

stockholm syndrome? So, in your mind, we're all prisoners held hostage by this game?

get a mooseing life man, don't play the game if you don't want to play. I don't know why you feel entitled to dictate what should change in a game that you can neither claim ownership to, nor have been deemed as additive enough to the furthering of the game by the person who owns it to warrant a staff or advisory position. Your time invested in this game has been play. You have not paid anything for it. Nightmist, Stig, and JLH owe you nothing. 

If you don't like the game, don't play. 

#261251 Change Cobalt Staff Of The Winds Back

Posted by Sneaky on 08 May 2016 - 07:50 PM in Suggestions

we need to build a wall and make nightmist great again

#261212 Is It Possible?!?

Posted by Sneaky on 28 April 2016 - 01:06 PM in Game Discussion

Congrats, very impressive. 

#261090 Paladin Party

Posted by Sneaky on 01 April 2016 - 01:01 PM in Characters for Sale

#261083 Paladin Party

Posted by Sneaky on 31 March 2016 - 05:30 PM in Characters for Sale

#261077 Paladin Party

Posted by Sneaky on 30 March 2016 - 01:11 PM in Characters for Sale

#261069 Paladin Party

Posted by Sneaky on 28 March 2016 - 12:55 PM in Characters for Sale

400k 1a

#260960 Back To The Camp Bows Again...

Posted by Sneaky on 08 March 2016 - 11:25 PM in Suggestions

No one's calling you selfish, no one is saying that you (the collective) never farm keys, do bosses, etc....at the same time, though, I played 1a for about a year, had a lvl 36 cleric, and saw one trip to Ku'nal -- in general, there's a lack of cooperation on the server, and the fact that you have to do things like spend hours getting a Drow Journal or suiciding Archmage, which would take maybe 20 minutes combined with a competent party once you're up in TTK, speaks to that lack of cooperation. It's a mentality of "I'll only go on the trip if someone else has done 90% of the work getting the required keys."  And I used the cobalt bow as an example because it's an extremely difficult item that requires significant teamwork to make -- if people got along more and helped each other,  more than 3 of the things would've been crafted over the last 10 years. 

Terron -- I'll admit, I did not think of it from that stance, and I do see the irony that one legendary crit was able to kill an extremely difficult boss on the multi-server, but an extremely difficult boss on the 1a server was changed because it was a small party of high level characters killed it. As a player on the main server, I ain't mad, I'm impressed that he did it, but I think it's a fair point for you to bring up and can definitely see the reason for your frustration. 

#260954 Back To The Camp Bows Again...

Posted by Sneaky on 08 March 2016 - 09:38 PM in Suggestions

May i ask why you all assume to think that 1a players dont cooperate with eachother? Most of us get along fine and boss whenever we have the damage to do so.

Piddy and Andy dont really even need/want the drops and even step out of randoms most the time, yet they are still the main people who lead/cleric bosses and even farm seals/keys just so the server can boss.

The bickering on this thread, along with the # of Cobalt Bows to be crafted on 1a, plus the frequency of Ku'nal / Credenza trips on that server, are the basis for my assumption. Fair question, though. 

In my time playing 1a, I saw many instances of players expressing no interest in boss trips because they already had the drop they needed.

Rodeo, you are a troll -- "piddy for president"; "danny sucks"; "make the game easier for me" sums up your forum post history. 

#260947 Back To The Camp Bows Again...

Posted by Sneaky on 08 March 2016 - 06:23 PM in Suggestions

right, this thread's full of posts of you not even bothering. 

I'm curious, do you go into Chipotle and bang on things because they refuse to make you a burger, or is it just on the internets that you demand the impossible for a good/service that you don't pay for? 

Stig has mentioned that he's trying, but pointed out that there's little support from admin. He can only do so much, and drama on the player base prevents good development -- some of ya'll hate each other, which leads to no co-operation (No incentive to cleric if the boss isn't undead; unwillingness to go on boss trips after you get the item), which is devastating to a server that relies on cooperation. 

#260932 Player Killers

Posted by Sneaky on 05 March 2016 - 05:18 PM in Off-Topic Polls

I'll one-up that -- I still have my Press Pass  ;)

#260898 Back To The Camp Bows Again...

Posted by Sneaky on 02 March 2016 - 07:31 PM in Suggestions

since you brought it up, most of the multi players couldn't even kill gothmog so its balanced that 1 player can tap 4 buttons and pay straight gold and kill it solo on 1 character? cuz that is literally all it is.

lets ignore the fact that getting to gothmog requires:

1. Obtaining a rare drop from Marshal of the Inquisition, which is a very difficult fight for a party of grandmasters to solo -- you're likely to lose one, if not multiple alts

2. Obtaining a rare drop from Grande Inquisitor, which is impossible for a single user to solo. 

3. Fighting multiple Balrogs -- culminating in 3x on one square. 

4. You're dead, instantly, if spells drop and fizzle. The last time I fought Gothmog was with 60 grandmasters, and we lost (at least) 4 crits. 

it's probably been killed 10 times, and it's not something that can be camped/farmed - Marshal is hourly and isn't killed all the time because of difficulty, Grande is daily (possibly less than daily) but definitely not checked every day for fear of wasting a key, and it's one of three possible seals that can be dropped (all of which are uncommon to rare, with another Inquisitor's Key being the common drop).    [I really thought if anyone was getting up in arms about the gloves, it would be about how OP they make mages, but, meh, I'm happy, haha].

Serious question, G, how long did that fight against Gothmog, and the entire trip take? Gotta guess at least an hour battling him alone. Very impressive, I wouldn't have the balls to attempt that solo. 

#260805 Back To The Camp Bows Again...

Posted by Sneaky on 16 February 2016 - 11:13 PM in Suggestions

brang 

*shudders* 

#260769 Back To The Camp Bows Again...

Posted by Sneaky on 06 February 2016 - 06:48 PM in Suggestions

main server doesn't need it but on the same level are they really encouraging you to use/play other classes? they sure as sh!t tell you to. I don't think the do all end all of the server should be using 20 halfass smiters with cheap vamp to work up to 16 zerks and maybe onto zerks with mods and armor. but thats just my opinion.

/shrug...my party is 4 clerics, 1 mage, 2 druid, 1 fighter, 1 pally, 2 thief, 4 zerk, 5 ranger -- its a pretty even mix, and off the top of my head, at least 3 other active players on main (Gaddy, Undin, and Crane) play with similarly diverse parties. I'm not really sure where this 'everyone plays 20 thieves with dotw' mentality came from -- a few people do it, but to me it seems like it's the minority, or its used just as a "golding" party to support someone's actual mains. Most of the people who have been playing this game consistently (not restarting after years or frequently selling everything to switch between servers) have set up their parties as more diverse to avoid the leveling and equipment bottlenecks we're talking about on here. 

I guess what I'm getting at, is that I think that playing the game as 20 of one class is the "wrong" way to do it, and the game shouldn't be edited because that's how people decide they want to play. remember that square peg and round hole game for kids -- do you look for the right sized peg, or do you take out your saw and cut the board? lol -- a lot of this is coming across as "I want to play the game like this, make it so." 

no one's been saying "you fkin boss or gtfo" -- its more, you fkin boss or you fkin buy the item. if you don't have much time to play, you can focus on getting gold and buying stuff. I don't see what alternative systems are going to fix -- if its crates, there's going to be the issue of hoarding the items to make the crates (and complaints about those drop rates and the time it takes to acquire the items); if its coliseum tokens, well, aren't those just boss fights?

this has evolved into a response on two different topics... but idk, if you want cheap low vamp, i do think you should just play a thief, don't demand that the game adjust to you. and i agree that the leveling bottleneck is frustrating, but i don't think any good alternatives have been suggested. 

#260763 Back To The Camp Bows Again...

Posted by Sneaky on 06 February 2016 - 02:39 AM in Suggestions

Did somebody say main? How did we get talking about main? 

That (spider bow) is a good idea, and I'd totally support a low-end item like that being added.. That's not what this guy has been suggesting, though. He's asking for bsb/iboc, and stating that he thinks those items should be devalued, which I don't support. 

The smartassery / snarkines is targeted at posts that basically amount to asking for the game to be made easier ("I want a cobalt bow without doing any of the work,"  "I want to level my crits without killing bosses") because hard things are hard. 

#260760 Back To The Camp Bows Again...

Posted by Sneaky on 06 February 2016 - 12:03 AM in Suggestions

That's the point to devalue the current ones and make it so everyone that wants to play a ranger has the option of getting one without paying 3 mill for one when sleep e desiderate to sell.
I do t see why the quest ones can't be added to a current boss seems like a simple file edit.

Let's replace Oak Staff with Rune Staff in shops -- its a simple file edit, right?

#260708 Alternative Leveling System

Posted by Sneaky on 31 January 2016 - 01:05 AM in Suggestions

There is an alternative for those that can't do bosses, it's called buying items off players. Looking on the wanted section, there's only one post recently looking for leveling items. You don't know what people have on alts if you don't ask. 

There's only one item hurdle for leveling, from 30-31, then its nothing for almost a billion xp, and then it's gold based. It's already pretty easy, in my opinion, especially compared to 1a. 

Just a head's up, this grind isn't going to get any easier -- all top end equipment post-30 is either a boss drop and/or crafted using platinum coins, which are exclusively boss drops. The game is designed to get out and explore, not train non-stop in the same area. 

#260587 Dragon Crest

Posted by Sneaky on 09 January 2016 - 11:21 PM in Items for Sale

#260465 Telatin

Posted by Sneaky on 08 December 2015 - 02:30 PM in Suggestions

most areas should be "1" playthrough only

Do you not see the irony? The entirety of the complaint stems around the fact that Telatin could drop something other than the Seal of Miscreation -- thus, preventing you from fully playing through the area. 

No one is complaining about losing the ability to farm seals of miscreation.

No one is complaining about having to farm additional glowing orbs and dungeon keys to get the same number of seals of miscreation. 

Throw insults at the rest of us all you want; you're the one who's played this server for about 20 minutes and felt the need to tell us why we're all wrong.