Yggdrasill's Content

There have been 104 items by Yggdrasill (Search limited from 30-July 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#229346 Looking...

Posted by Yggdrasill on 30 January 2010 - 09:01 PM in Wanted

Race/Class: Male Elf Novice Druid. Str: 18, Int: 18, Dex: 19, Con: 18, Wis: 20, Chr: 21, Lev: 10, Exp: 166,729, HP: 99, MP: 110, Stm: 2.
Spells: Heal, Camouflage.
This druid can morph into a Jaguar.
This character has been a level 10 Druid, with 99 HP, and 110 MP.

This is on 1a. Yes it's lvl 10. I'll just keep it if the offer isn't good enough. Leave bid here or memo/page on Inglastex 1a.

#229592 5-stat Elf Druid Lvl20 1a

Posted by Yggdrasill on 19 February 2010 - 04:42 AM in Characters for Sale

Race/Class: Male Elf Adept Druid. Str: 18, Int: 18, Dex: 19, Con: 18, Wis: 20, Chr: 21, Lev: 20, Exp: 8,201,458, HP: 194, MP: 210, Stm: 3.
Spells: Heal, Camouflage, Nourish, Thornshield, Stoneform, Nature's Fury, Stormwrath.
This druid can morph into a Jaguar.
This character has been a level 20 Druid, with 194 HP, and 210 MP.

Only taking 1a stuff for it. Looking for a decent amount in gold, cr's, or a combo of the two. As always, I reserve the right to not sell it to anyone for any reason.

Post bids here please.

#229610 5-stat Elf Druid Lvl20 1a

Posted by Yggdrasill on 19 February 2010 - 09:30 PM in Characters for Sale

Fusion Pages You from (Hidden): well i could probably do 200k

#229633 5-stat Elf Druid Lvl20 1a

Posted by Yggdrasill on 21 February 2010 - 10:23 PM in Characters for Sale

Looking for a bit more hopefully...no more bids on the 5-stat with great hp?

IS: 300k

#229654 In-game Music

Posted by Yggdrasill on 23 February 2010 - 04:43 AM in Suggestions

Forever ago I suggested that JLH put in the music from the first version of Nightmist (Broken Arm Tavern music and Cloud City music for some reason stick in my head from what...10 year ago?) and he said there were copyright issues involved.

Just today I went to the music subfolder in my Nightmist folder and found "moonlight.mid" which was definitely from the original Nightmist (pretty sure I remember "sunshine" being from the original too as well as a few others). Any chance we can at least toss the extra .mid files into the client from the original Nightmist so us old people can fondly remember the roots of this great game?

Just thought I'd ask if anyone else remembers or if anyone knows the reason why they're not around.

#229661 In-game Music

Posted by Yggdrasill on 23 February 2010 - 12:33 PM in Suggestions

I only play 1-a. But the only two music files in my Music (sub)folder in my Nightmist main folder are church.mid and moonlight.mid. Yes the music option for all of my characters has always been turned on. My question with regards to these music files is why some are copied over from the old (old old old) Nightmist and why others are not...

#229822 -1ppppp Ling 1a

Posted by Yggdrasill on 02 March 2010 - 05:09 AM in Characters for Sale

Race/Class: Male Halfling Initiate Fighter. Str: 17, Int: 19, Dex: 21, Con: 18, Wis: 18, Chr: 19, Lev: 1, Exp: 0, HP: 21, MP: 0, Stm: 1.

Inglastex 1a or bid here.

#229823 -1ppppp Ling 1a

Posted by Yggdrasill on 02 March 2010 - 08:47 AM in Characters for Sale

Anonymous in-game bid valued at 150k so far.

#229843 Pxpppx Halflings 1a (4 Of 'em)

Posted by Yggdrasill on 03 March 2010 - 03:16 AM in Characters for Sale

Topic says it. I have 4 brand new, fresh halflings all pxpppx. None are above 14 charisma. Memo or get me on Inglastex if you're interested.

Only 1a stuff as always.

#229900 Happy Birthday Crane!

Posted by Yggdrasill on 05 March 2010 - 01:00 AM in Off-Topic Discussion

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRANE!

Looking forward to another long year of Wiki fun with you :P

#229943 -1ppppp Ling 1a

Posted by Yggdrasill on 06 March 2010 - 01:17 AM in Characters for Sale

bump

Gunna get rid of it in the next few days. I've held it from ^ for long enough.

#229944 5-stat Elf Druid Lvl20 1a

Posted by Yggdrasill on 06 March 2010 - 01:17 AM in Characters for Sale

also bump

#229956 Ron's

Posted by Yggdrasill on 06 March 2010 - 08:10 AM in Items for Sale

I'd be interested in buying a single one, but I'm not sure I have anything you want. Get me ingame and maybe we can work something out.

#229982 -1ppppp Ling 1a

Posted by Yggdrasill on 07 March 2010 - 05:04 AM in Characters for Sale

Sold.

#230075 Alec For Event Staff

Posted by Yggdrasill on 10 March 2010 - 01:00 AM in Game Discussion

Alec is definately NOT supported.... I have nothing against Alec personally but i think staff should be someone not so involved with nightmist drama...He is too emotionally involved with the game to not be biased... Here is my nomination and it is based off of general knowledge and the fact that he is not biased....Inglastex (Pete) is very smart and is an old school nm player, I think he actually was staffer for another game but i dont actually know.

If that's a serious nomination (and someone is actually going to be hired, which I doubt), I'd be happy to at least "interview" for it. I strive to be logical over most other things and I'd love to show everyone that there doesn't have to be any such thing as "staff favoritism". Back in the day, no one even mentioned it with staff like Cyric around…he's my staff hero by the way.

Anyway, I've not been a staff member of any other game, but way back when Ste (the one with the Rune Blade) was staff though I can't remember his staff name at the moment, we were interviewed (submitted relatively realistic applications and all), and then somewhat prepped on staff activity and commands for designing areas. Somewhere along the way JLH decided that there wasn't a need for new staff at that time and the ground fell out from under all of us. This was all something like 8 years ago, so I'm sure the specifics have been forgotten even by me.

So once again, if current staff (or JLH for that matter) want to follow up on it, I'd be happy to interview. Otherwise my nomination goes to not making more nominations (for yourself or others) until JLH says he wants more/new staff.

#230178 /gold

Posted by Yggdrasill on 11 March 2010 - 11:29 PM in Suggestions

A long, long time ago, on a server far away, I suggested that it should be an "Account Bank" and all crits in your account would display the same gold, as well as gold not contributing to your character score anymore. I don't remember exactly but I believe it was shot down for requiring coding and not being worth the effort.

Regardless, supported.

#230206 Unique Items (ring And Bracelets)

Posted by Yggdrasill on 12 March 2010 - 05:33 AM in Suggestions

Since we're bringing up ideas that people thought were good and haven't been looked at in a long time...

#230257 Transient Areas

Posted by Yggdrasill on 14 March 2010 - 11:14 PM in Nightmist Development

Sounds perfectly fine to me Maarten...although it should probably have its own thread for discussion, but no big deal. I would be very interested in seeing a few of these rules you are talking about. The thing that I'm most scared about, as I've been scared, maybe even paranoid about in the past, is "staff" creating things and then having and/or sharing a large amount of inside information with clannies, friends, or even themselves if certain cases. This is why I've always been in favor of "you get a staff crit, you lock your mortal crits so they can't be played until you're not staff again". I don't know how this or anything like it could be possible with this "contract" method. Maybe it is possible and I'm just not seeing it, or maybe you don't think it's a big deal. This is just my two cents so far.

(Please don't turn this post into "this staff member way back gave this person this!!@!" as that is NOT the intention of the post.)

#230262 Just Wondering... Staff!

Posted by Yggdrasill on 15 March 2010 - 01:12 AM in Game Discussion

Other way is to go for mobs dropping crystals, or money bags, that give you just a little more cash (like 5x mob gold drop value) when sold. But the only way to make that viable is by taking the gains out of the economy again, by some other means.

Is that to say that the economy is balanced now? I don't have enough data to go either way, but I would bet that with the leveling system costing over 30million per character, and only one charcter on 1a doing it, that it's not balanced and could use a simple little boost like what you've stated.

#230284 Just Wondering... Staff!

Posted by Yggdrasill on 15 March 2010 - 11:04 PM in Game Discussion

I'm very confused as to the point you're trying to make. Your first line says the economy is far from balanced.

Then we move to getting pked which doesn't take gold out of the system it just transfers it to the people that pked you so the work isn't gone altogether...it just went to someone else. No one is talking about exp as I think most people would agree that the main hindrance in leveling past 35 is the millions of gold needed.

Now we're at lvl 36's or higher selling bags that my level 3 crit could hand to them?

But we finish off with we shouldn't change anything.

I don't want this to turn into a flaming match...I just have no idea what you were trying to say besides you don't support adding money bag drops. If you don't support adding it, suggesting something that would be better would be helpful?

edit: grammar failure

#230298 Just Wondering... Staff!

Posted by Yggdrasill on 16 March 2010 - 08:34 PM in Game Discussion

About what little mobs should have a very small chance of dropping (if anything) not about the leveling system ya big nub!

<3 <3 <3

#230365 Fixing The /toggle Who

Posted by Yggdrasill on 19 March 2010 - 11:20 PM in Improvements

Ok Maarten...we all know you're the one that programs NM...you can stop this farce anytime and get to WORK!

<3 <3

#230502 Post Your Rangers Hp

Posted by Yggdrasill on 26 March 2010 - 09:52 PM in Ranger Class Discussion

lol @ bragging on a thread that has clearly been dead for over 4 years. ggnub :P

#230734 Crits 1a

Posted by Yggdrasill on 30 March 2010 - 07:21 AM in Characters for Sale

Race/Class: Male Elf Adept Druid. Str: 18, Int: 18, Dex: 19, Con: 18, Wis: 20, Chr: 21, Lev: 20, Exp: 8,201,458, HP: 194, MP: 210, Stm: 3.

+ 75k for the ling pally if you're accepting other 5-stat crits :-P

#230761 Poisonous Nightshades

Posted by Yggdrasill on 30 March 2010 - 07:42 PM in Game Discussion

Obviously if I kill myself I've killed a player also...so I want +1 player kills!