Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Stats Idea.. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
10/03/24 at 13:32:20

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Suggestions
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   New Stats Idea..
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Stats Idea..  (Read 317 times)
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

New Stats Idea..
« on: 03/25/03 at 00:26:53 »
Quote Quote

Who likes rolling stats anyway?  It takes forever to roll good stats, no skill envolved..

So instead of having to roll your stats, I say everyone gets base stats..

Then, as you level you get stat points to put in places..
And to keep people from just throwing tons points in one place..
Limit the max it can be, make all stat areas do something important.

And people could come up with other ideas, to make it require more intelligence and skill to place stats, then sitting infront of your computer all day trying to roll good stats..

IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Anthology

Email

Re: New Stats Idea..
« Reply #1 on: 03/25/03 at 00:29:38 »
Quote Quote

i think its good the way it is Smiley
IP Logged
Nocturnal
United_Kingdom 

Elmer Season!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 03/25/03 at 00:42:20 »
Quote Quote

If this system was brought in, wouldn't it mean... Another Reset? Not many people will be in favor of this idea because of that.
IP Logged

Daffy, Custard, Firestorm, Abundance and Nocturnal
Nocturnal Inc.
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 03/25/03 at 01:05:22 »
Quote Quote

I saw nothing wrong with the way stats used to be rolled. You rolled your stats, then had 8 extra points to put on a stat of your choice. Thought this was great.

With the amount of stat changes various imperfect crits have become perfect. Making everyone have same racial stats would lose a lot of originality throughout the game.

You could argue that it would be the same now, everyone wants perfects. If everyone got the same stats, and same points, most would add them in the same place. So there would be a lot of drones.

Dont really think it should be changed again. Lots of coding would be needed for the already leveled crits to be made average. Then given points to add on.
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 03/25/03 at 02:18:38 »
Quote Quote

I also liked the old 8 additional stat points, that way there was difference between the crits, and allowed for definate strengths and weakness, I find it very drab that the game now literally consists of loads of clones.

On the opening page I believe it says something about strengths and weaknesses specific to you, I may be wrong, but at the moment that doesn't exist. Stat modifyers were a chance for this, but unfortunately the majority of items available are dexterity enhancers. There is no such thing as the 'unique' crit anymore, in order to compete, you must use the same crit everyone else uses, and it's quite saddening, there is such opportunity for diversity in Nightmist which isn't taken full advantage of.

I'd rather have the choice of playing an unusually fast dwarf with a little less strength than normal, or a surprisingly resolute elf with perhaps a little less dexterity etc etc... Well not really for me, but it's the CHOICE I'd like to have.

Let us cater our crits to how we envisage them, please? ... Please?  Sad
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 03/25/03 at 09:05:12 »
Quote Quote

OS has this "all stats the same", and if you train specific things you improve the stat you are using (or at least that's what I understood)
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: 03/25/03 at 09:42:28 »
Quote Quote

i would like to c the current stat roll thingy be the same just something added so you can still add some points to some specific stat. but i don't want a reset for this lol Cheesy so it's prolly enver gonna happen
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Nocturnal
United_Kingdom 

Elmer Season!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 03/25/03 at 10:32:08 »
Quote Quote

Hmm, A way to put the 8 Extra points on stats of your choice could be by using that Attribute points system so Existing characters won't miss out and would save JLH et al an overload of work.
IP Logged

Daffy, Custard, Firestorm, Abundance and Nocturnal
Nocturnal Inc.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.